Welcome!

A forum for talking about Jesus.

This is an opportunity for us to sharpen each other on God's Word. We each have unique perspectives about scripture and life and often just need a source to express beliefs, regrets, thoughts, and ideas about living!

This is that avenue for that expression and growth! A challenge for learning from each other and providing support to battle the flesh, triumph in Truth, and Praise the LORD for He has done great things!

If you would like to participate, email me and I'll add you to be an author.

Dominate the Day!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Arrogance

Romans 8-13

I have been convicted lately of my arrogance. Arrogance about being from the United States and having a sense of entitlement and superiority to all others, even other US citizens. An arrogance of being Christian. The pride in knowing I’m right spiritually and everyone else follows false gods. I left the US knowing I wanted to work on being servant but I underestimated my ego and how much I disbelieved in truth. I hold myself in contempt while

This arrogance corrupts my soul. I want to stop.

I have been reading through Romans lately, just trying to understand some biblical truth about Jesus, and my life as a new creation. I stumbled across a perfect example of the destructive power of my arrogance.

Romans 11:17-24
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. Behold then the kindness and the severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted in contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?

I recognize the fact that I do not regularly pursue remaining part of the olive tree. I accept that I am a part of it, and do whatever I want. I do not fear, as I should, and in doing so demonstrate my unbelief. And since I would like to remain a part of the olive tree (YHWH), I must learn to obey, submit, and serve my LORD however He sees fit.

How far will I humble myself (Phil 2:8)?
Have I truly crucified my life (Gal 2:20)?
Or do I negate my faith by my actions/disbelief (James 1:23-24)?

0 comments:

Post a Comment