Welcome!

A forum for talking about Jesus.

This is an opportunity for us to sharpen each other on God's Word. We each have unique perspectives about scripture and life and often just need a source to express beliefs, regrets, thoughts, and ideas about living!

This is that avenue for that expression and growth! A challenge for learning from each other and providing support to battle the flesh, triumph in Truth, and Praise the LORD for He has done great things!

If you would like to participate, email me and I'll add you to be an author.

Dominate the Day!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Baptism by water

So being in Costa Rica has illustrated some spiritual truths that I often forget. The importance of a water cleansing (baptism) is one of those important truths.

1 Peter 3:20-22
who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water. Corresponding to that, baptism now save you-- not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience--through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.

I was talking to Connor the other day and he referenced 1 Peter which reminded me to check it out during my daily bible study. I found some majors truthes hidden in that book! For instance, an appeal to God to cleanse our conscience through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. God brought Noah and his family through quite a cleansing when they were the only ones God saved from destruction. Talk about judgment and the cleansing they received by being saved!

Eph 5:26
So that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word.

Krystle and I were reading Eph 5 for truths about marriage and being servants and this verse reminded me about the importance of washing. Which related directly to the nastiness that is riding on a bus for 3 hours without air conditioning and extreme humidy! I realized how nasty I was stuck in a bus, unable to move because of the other person sitting next to me and how I was just felt disgusting. This is how I must feel about my sin-or need to perceive it! I have felt at times extreme pain and sorrow over my sin, both sadness and anger, but it is not constant. I get complacent and distracted, and go back to my idols.

But this washing of water, though it will clean my body of dirt, signifies so much more. It is the representation of the inward cleansing I desire for my heart; turning away from the lusts of man and embracing the will of the LORD God! This means living his word; being love-laying down our lives, taking the nature of a slave/servant of the Most High and doing his will even when it means we suffer!

I rejoice in the cleansing of my spirit by the word planted in me! Praise Jesus!

0 comments:

Post a Comment