Welcome!

A forum for talking about Jesus.

This is an opportunity for us to sharpen each other on God's Word. We each have unique perspectives about scripture and life and often just need a source to express beliefs, regrets, thoughts, and ideas about living!

This is that avenue for that expression and growth! A challenge for learning from each other and providing support to battle the flesh, triumph in Truth, and Praise the LORD for He has done great things!

If you would like to participate, email me and I'll add you to be an author.

Dominate the Day!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Evil for evil

I have had my eyes opened to the importance of loving people like Christ loved us.

A friend of mine here in Costa Rica, una estadounidense(US citizen), was taking a taxi home one day and the taxi driver took this opportunity to harass and take advantage of a customer. He tried to charge her 18 mil ($40), saying it was because of how late at night it is and its a special rate, for a taxi ride that should have cost 5 mil ($10). Each taxi has a meter, that he had convenient turned off once she got out of the taxi, that records the cost of the taxi ride and being that she did not pay attention to the meter when she got out of the taxi she was in a bind. She only had 8 mil on her and the taxi driver suggested she give him a kiss to make up for the rest. She was very embarassed, uncomfortable, and resentful of the treatment she was receiving. Which we all would be in that situation. She paid him the 8 mil and hurried inside, very upset and furious over the actions of the taxi driver. She did not look at his taxi number and thus was unable to report his behavior to the company.

However, on a return trip from 2 different weekend trips that Krystle and I made with her we ran into this same taxi driver. Each time this girl started into a rant about how horrible this person is and all the things she wish she could do to him in return for the evil he showed her.

I am live in the same boat. Somebody wrongs me, my first response is to wrong them back; pay back evil for evil. Lately, I have been reading scriptures on the importance of serving, accepting suffering-even praising the Lord for them, and loving your neighbor as yourself. These scriptures are difficult to apply in certain circumstances, especially when my perspective is not aligned with the LORD's will. Scripture does not say, love your neighbor the same way they love you. It says God is the Judge, He will repay; but I don't really live this or model this truth to others. The logic of Christ does not agree with the logic of the world. Jesus says serve others regardless; the world say get yours even at the expense of others.

I have the opportunity to show what the love of Christ looks like. So far I'd say I've failed; I have not honored Krystle as I should, I have not served her, been kind to her at all times-especially in front of this friend, who has watched my behavior and seen behavior contrary to truth. I need to rededicate myself because I am not even loving those closest to me with the love of Christ, let alone a stranger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment