Welcome!

A forum for talking about Jesus.

This is an opportunity for us to sharpen each other on God's Word. We each have unique perspectives about scripture and life and often just need a source to express beliefs, regrets, thoughts, and ideas about living!

This is that avenue for that expression and growth! A challenge for learning from each other and providing support to battle the flesh, triumph in Truth, and Praise the LORD for He has done great things!

If you would like to participate, email me and I'll add you to be an author.

Dominate the Day!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Who are you, really?!

Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie.

Soul of the Fire by Terry Goodkind. page 205


This concept has been on my heart alot lately as I consider how much I condemn and judge others. I realize I need to sharpening other Christians in truth, but I am commanded not to judge them or non-christians and it is better for my personal health/spirit/heart/soul when I give mercy instead of condemnation. There is one judge and lawgiver and I am not He.

I need to be more like Christ. Juan 8. Neither do I condemn you.

I need to challenge people to leave their lives of sin, to flee from evil and to do good! They need love and mercy, because when they are broken, alone, and desperate for help, they need to be fed by the Lord.

Right along the idea of putting your money where your mouth is. My deeds dictate the truth of who I am.
Your actions, not your feelings, speak the truth of your intent.
Naked Empire, by Terry Goodkind. pg. 402

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Also this concept can first be found in the bible, Matthew 7:15-23.

We are known by our fruit!

jim said...

likewise in the book of james, of course. amen, brother.

Post a Comment